BOSTON, Mass. – Hosts Suffolk University downed Lesley volleyball in three straight sets Thursday evening at Larry E. and Michael S. Smith Court. The Rams swept the non-conference match with set scores of 25-11, 25-20 and 25-16. The loss drops the Lynx to 0-3, while the Rams improve to 4-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Suffolk scored the first five points of the night, four of which came on kills, to force Lesley to use its first timeout early.
- After the Rams piled on two more points, the Lynx managed to get on the board, but were not match for the blue-and-gold, who quickly built a double-digit distance, 13-3.
- Lesley used its second timeout of the set, but the Rams came out of the huddle and went on a 7-3 run to extend the lead, 20-6 and then cruised to a 25-11 set one victory.
- Set two showed a different Lynx team, taking an early lead sparked by service aces from Tallin Goldberg and Merceidiz Daiz.
- The teams exchanged leads mid way through the set, with the Lynx going on a 6-0 spurt to take a 17-13 lead.
- The Rams responded with a 3-0 run of their own to make it a one-point set, 17-16. Tied at 19 apiece, the Rams ended the match with a 6-1 run to close it out 25-20.
- After a 5-5 tie to lead off the third set, the Rams rolled off five consecutive points capped off by back-to-back aces from Mullahy to jump ahead, 10-5.
- The five-point lead was not enough to keep the Lynx at bay as they came back to lock the score at 13-13.
- A Rams' 4-0 run put the hosts in front, 17-13, and then Suffolk outscored Lesley 8-3 to secure the frame, 25-16 and match.
- Elise Morgan led the Lynx with 9 kills, and Allison Napoleon added 11 assists. Morgan and Cassidy Wygonik combined for 22 digs in the match.
The Lynx next travel to Pine Manor College on Monday September 16th for a double header.