FRANKLIN, MA.-- The Lesley women's volleyball team fell to the host Dean Bulldogs in four sets in Friday night's conference opener. The Lynx's three-game win streak was ended and their record fell to 3-4 (0-1 in the conference), while the Bulldogs improved to 2-7 (1-0 in the conference).
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx had to adjust early without key contributor Cassidy Wygonik, but could never quite get on a run long enough to hold off the Bulldogs. They dropped the first set 25-15.
- Kait Anderson led the Bulldogs in kills with 16, despite registering her first early in the second set.
- Nicole Pietrocola led a five point run and four point run in a tight second set that Lesley was able to pull out by a score of 25-22.
- The Lynx were led by Elise Morgan, who delivered 18 kills and 22 digs.
- The third set was another back-and-forth affair, with the Lynx getting out to a 5-1 lead early. They were unable to make their own extended runs and Dean was able to win the set 25-21.
- Anderson dominated the final set for the Bulldogs, earning nine kills in the fourth set alone. Anderson's strong performance and a seven point run was enough for Dean to pull away and take the final set 25-14.
- Allison Napoleon registered 15 assists for the Lynx, while Pietrocola and Merceidiz Diaz each had four aces.
Lesley returns home for a non-conference matchup with Bridgewater State College on Wednesday September 25th at 7 PM.