MEDFORD, MA. – The Lesley Lynx volleyball team could not pull out a win against the Bridgewater State Bears on Wednesday night, losing 3-1 in four sets. The Lynx second straight loss brings them to 3-5 on the season, while the Bears ended a five game losing streak and advanced to 4-6.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx held strong in the first set, jumping out to a 7-1 lead. Bridgewater State battled back, but a seven point run led by Nicole Pietrocola put the Lynx ahead.
- A nine point run sent the Bears ahead late, but the Lynx were able to hold strong and Elise Morgan closed out the set with two kills in a row.
- The second set was a back-and-forth affair, with neither team able to break off a run longer than three points. Bridgewater State was able to limit the Lynx between their own runs and earned a 25-21 lead.
- Lesley struggled to keep up with Bridgewater from there, giving up a seven point run in the third set and only managing to string together more than one point at a time twice throughout the rest of the set. The Bears took the third set 25-17.
- The fourth set saw the Bears dominate again, taking a 7-1 lead that was never relinquished. The Lynx pushed back to make it 19-16, until Bridgewater closed out the match on a six point run.
- The Bears put up a balanced attack, with Gabryella Serrano leading the team with 13 kills and Sydney Rice and Abigail Gardner adding 10 and 9 respectively. Casey Holmes had 39 assists, while Victoria Caiano had 19 digs.
- The Lynx were led by Morgan's 17 kills, while Cassidy Wygonik added 9 of her own. Tallin Goldberg put up a strong 32 assists.
The Lynx hit the road for a Saturday afternoon match at conference opponent Mitchell College at 2 PM.