BOSTON, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team struggled again on Sunday afternoon, losing two matches on the road at Fisher College. The two losses become the fourth and fifth in a row for the Lynx, putting them at 3-8 on the season, while the Falcons move to 4-9 on the season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx kept it close for the first set of the day. A four point run led by Tallin Goldberg put Lesley ahead 18-17, but the Falcons closed out the set on the four point run led by Kathryn Rodriguez to take the 25-20 win.
- The Falcons took the second set easily, thanks to a five point run with Lia Aime serving and a six point run to close out a 25-10 win served by Rodriguez.
- Fisher again took over the final set, winning it 25-18 for the 3-0 sweep. Cassidy Wygonik led Lesley with six kills, while Cynthia Huerta led for Fisher with ten. Rodriguez had 22 assists for the Falcons in the first match.
- Huerta dominated again in the second match, notching 23 kills. Rodriguez added another 24 assists. Wygonik earned another eleven kills for Lesley, with Goldberg earning 19 assists.
- The Lynx couldn't get anything going to begin the second match, losing the first set 25-16.
- A seven point run served by Aime pushed Fisher ahead again in the second set, but the Lynx were able to hang in there. They could not get enough momentum to avoid losing 25-22, then dropped the final set 25-9.
The Lynx get some time to regroup before attempting to right the ship in their next match at home on Tuesday October 8th at 7 PM against Mass Maritime Academy.