MEDFORD, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team was swept in three sets by the Curry Colonels on Thursday night. The seventh straight loss for the Lynx brings them to 3-10 on the season, while the Colonels advance to 11-8.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Curry had control from the start, getting out to a 13-9 lead thanks in part to a five point run served by Caroline Kilduff. Lex Bell then closed out the first set with an eight point run to give Curry the win 25-11.
- Runs were the big issue for the Lynx on the night, as they were unable to string together runs of their own to take away the Colonels' momentum. Shea Mathews helped the Colonels get out to an 11-5 lead in set two with a big run.
- After leading 14-8 in the second set, Curry scored nine of the next eleven points to build up a 22-10 lead and eventually take the set 25-12.
- The Lynx held strong in set three, keeping it closer than the first two. After taking a 5-4 lead, the Lynx gave up six straight points served by Mathews and another six point run by Kilduff. Lesley was able to string together a couple of three point runs, but it was too late. Curry took the third set 25-17 and the match three sets to none.
- Cassidy Wygonik led the Lynx in kills with 12, while Tallin Goldberg had 16 assists. Allison Napoleon and Nicole Pietrocola each added three kills.
- Kilduff and Amanda Wood each had six kills to lead for Curry and Brooke Reissfelder had 14 assists.
The Lynx travel to Pine Manor for a doubleheader on Tuesday October 15th. The first match will begin at 6 PM, with the second following at 8 PM.