CHESTNUT HILL, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team played two games against Pine Manor on Tuesday night, sweeping both games by scores of three sets to none. The two wins move the Lynx to 5-10 on the season, while Pine Manor falls to 0-12.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started the first game out on a 15-0 run served by Allison Napoleon. Napoleon had six aces during the run and Cassidy Wygonik had three kills.
- The first set was closed out by a four point run served by Merceidiz Diaz that included back-to-back aces. The Lynx won the first set 25-5.
- The second set began as the first, with Napoleon serving an 11 point run that included four aces and four kills by Wygonik. Tallin Goldberg closed out the set with seven straight points that included four aces and an assist on a kill by Wygonik. The Lynx won this one 25-6.
- The Gators broke up the runs a bit in the third set, but were unable to make any headway against a strong performance from Lesley. The Lynx took the first game by a 3-0 score after winning set three 25-8.
- Wygonik totaled 13 kills in game one, while Goldberg had 13 assists and Napoleon had 14 aces. Esterline William and Candecia Brown each had two kills to lead the Gators.
- Diaz and Nicole Pietrocola set the Lynx on long runs in the first set of the second game, with Pietrocola's five point run putting the Lynx up 11-2 and Diaz's later extending the lead 19-6. The Gators put up a fight in the first set for their best performance of the night, falling to the Lynx 25-11.
- Pietrocola had another five point streak in set two that included three straight kills by Wygonik. A six point run by Goldberg gave the Lynx the win in the set. Her run included three aces and four kills by Napoleon.
- After taking the second set 25-7, the Lynx stayed hot with a seven point run by Napoleon to begin the third and final set. Wygonik led a six point run and Diaz led the Lynx to the end with a four point run.
- Wygonik and Napoleon each had 11 kills in set two, while Goldberg had 24 assists and Diaz had seven aces. Brown aded two more kills for the Gators in the second game.
The Lynx return home on October 19th for a Saturday afternoon match with conference opponent Elms College at 12 PM.