HENNIKER, NH. – The Lesley women's volleyball team fell in three sets to conference opponent New England College on Tuesday night. The loss brings the Lynx to 5-12 overall on the season and 0-4 in conference, while the Pilgrims move to 11-10 overall and 5-0 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx held strong with a talented Pilgrims team early in the first set, trading points back and forth for the first half of the set. With New England up 10-9, Shirita Wimberly served a five point run to open up the NEC lead. The Lynx were only able to capture three more points from that point, losing the first set 25-12.
- Maggie Dadmun got the Pilgrims out to a quick 5-0 lead in set two. A subsequent six point run led by Jaycie Kodama put New England up 12-2.
- NEC took set two 25-10, though Cassidy Wygonik scored four of Lesley's ten points.
- The Lynx put up their best fight of the night in the final set, with Wygonik leading a five point run to put her team up 8-5. Wygonik had two aces during the stretch.
- NEC kept the set close and took the lead after two aces by Kenzie Barron, but the Lynx never let them get on a long run and kept the final set close to the end.
- After a kill by Allison Napoleon to cut NEC's lead to 22-20, the Pilgrims pulled away with three points in a row to take the match in three sets.
- Wygonik led the Lynx with ten kills on the night and also had two aces, while Napoleon had three kills and Tallin Goldberg had twelve assists. Tihani Ehia led the Pilgrims with nine kills and Wimberly had seven, while Dadmun had 13 assists.
The Lynxhit the road again for another conference matchup with Bay Path University on Saturday October 26th at 3 PM.