MEDFORD, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team lost their final home match of the season to Eastern Nazarene by a score of 3-0. The loss brings the Lynx to 5-14 overall and 0-6 in the conference, while the Lions move to 14-6 and 6-0 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Eastern Nazarene got out to a quick 5-0 lead, led by two aces from Amya Altman. The Lynx held strong until another five point run from the Lions extended their lead to 19-9.
- The Lions closed out the first set on a four point run served by Jenna Meacham. They took the set 25-12 and took a one set to none lead.
- Lesley struggled with runs again in the second set and the Lions were able to take advantage. Meacham served a seven point run to put the Lions up 10-5 and Altman added another run with two more aces to extend the lead to 21-8.
- After the Lions took the second set 25-11, they jumped out to a quick 4-0 lead in set three.
- Altman again led Eastern Nazarene on a run that the Lynx could not stop. Lesley kept themselves within five points for the beginning of the set, but a six point run from the Lions allowed them to pull ahead. They took the set 25-13 and the match 3-0.
- Cassidy Wygonik led the Lynx with eight kills, while Tallin Goldberg had nine assists. Rebecca Thorne had fourteen kills for the Lions, while Ruth Aguilar added eleven kills and twelve assists.
The Lynx finish the regular season with one more conference match on the road. They will take on Becker College at 7 PM on Friday November 1st.