BRIDGEWATER, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team lost their opening match of the season to Bridgewater State by a score of 3-0. The loss brings the Lynx to 0-1 to begin the season, while the Bears advance to 1-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Bears went out to an early 9-1 lead, with Gabryella Serrano picking up two kills in the run. They pushed the lead to 13-2 and were able to easily put the first set away. Savannah Quintal picked up four straight aces over the final run of the match.
- Lesley was able to take a quick 3-0 lead in the second set. Sydney Hart and Antonia Kieran recorded kills, while Tallin Goldberg picked up an ace.
- Bridgwater battled back and was able to put together another impressive run, with Serrano again picking up two kills. They put together a 16-5 lead, but the Lynx were not done battling.
- Megan Lorenze was able to help the Lynx chip away by picking up three kills and an ace, but the Bears held on to win the second set 25-11.
- Lesley could not put a run together in the third and final set as Bridgewater controlled the court. Grace Brown picked up three early aces, while Serrano was racking up kills again. Serrano also added two aces in the Bears' final run of the match to take the third set 25-6 and the match 3-0.
- Hart and Lorenze led the Lynx with four kills each, while Lorenze and Goldberg also recorded four assists each. Serrano led the Bears with seven kills, while Bethany Votta led with eight assists.
The Lynx remain on the road for a match with Worcester State on Wednesday September 8th at 7 PM.