SALEM, MA. – The Lesley Women's volleyball team dropped two matches to Curry College and Salem State in a tri-match on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 0-12 overall, while the Colonels move up to 10-10 and the Vikings sit at 4-13.
INSIDE MATCH 1:
- The Colonels went out ahead quickly and never looked back, taking a 7-0 lead right away. Rachel Damstra served the early run that featured two kills from Lexi Pereira. The Lynx were only ever to string together two points at a time as Curry took the first set easily 25-9.
- Lesley got on the board first in the set number two, with Megan Lorenze picking up an early ace. Curry got back on track quickly though, going on a nine point run srved by Faith Herity. Herity picked up four straight aces in the run. Curry repeated their first set effort by limiting the Lynx to one point at a time and winning 25-8.
- The third set was much of the same, though the Lynx were able to string together their points in a few more runs. Lexi Jenkins served a seven point run late that stretched the Colonels lead far enough to coast to the end. Curry won the third set 25-10 and the match three sets to none.
INSIDE MATCH 2:
- Despite an impressive peformance from Sydney Hart, the Lynx fell in their second match of the day as well. A thirteen point run served by Dawn Eisnor stretched the Vikings lead to 19-3 and that was enough for the Lynx. Salem State won the first set 25-7.
- Salem State took a massive 19-0 lead in the second set, with Eva Haralabatos serving to a total of twelve aces. The Lynx battled back to score nine points in this set, but Haralabtos gave her team a comfortable lead that was not relinquished.
- The third set was more of a back-and-forth affair, but the Vikings ended up taking it comfortably again. They took a 20-12 lead into their final serving run, where Danielle Sheehan scored the final five points they needed to win the match.
- Hart led the Lynx with fourteen kills, her second highest single-match total of the season. Abigail O'Connor led the Vikings with eleven kills.
The Lynx head to Dean College on Wednesday October 13th for a 7 PM match.