The Lynx take the series over Newbury College with a 7-0 victory. With the win the Lynx improve to 16-5 overall and 8-1 in NECC play. After the loss the Nighthawks slide to 8-17 overall and 3-8 in conference.
Inside the box score:
- In the top of the second inning, the Lynx were in a pinch with bases loaded and two outs. Tom Muratore was able to strike out Justin Banks to keep the score 1-0.
- The Lynx added four runs in the bottom of the third with a grand slam from Ryan Pumphret to drive in Justin Clark, Matt Bavaro, and Will Rhone. Later in the inning, Brenden Fairchild was able to score on a wild pitch and bring the score to 6-0.
- Ryan Pumphret hit another RBI single in the bottom of the seventh to drive in Gage Reycroft.
- The offense was lead by Ryan Pumphret who went two for four with one homerun and five RBI's.
- Will Rhone went two for three with one double.
- Tom Muratore continues his win streak pitching seven innings. He allowed only four hits and no earned runs while striking out nine batters.
Head Coach Billy Cather had this to say about the win, "I am really proud of the way our guys battled against a tough conference opponent and picked up the series win. Tom Muratore worked around some early trouble and gave us the quality start we needed. Offensively Ryan Pumphret has been our MVP all season long and today he showed why he's one of the best power hitters in the league with the grand slam on a really tough day to hit. We are in a good place heading into our off weekend, but need to stay focused and keep playing quality baseball to finish the week strong."
The Lynx look to continue their winning streak with a double - header against Pine Manor at Bunker Hill Community College tomorrow April 12th.