Malden, MA.: The Lynx extended their win streak with two victories over the Dean Bulldogs on Senior Day. In-between the two games the Lesley Athletic Department honored the seven seniors of the Class of 2018: Jeff Heinz, Nick Iadevaio, J.P. Agiorgousis, Aaron Rhodes, Ellis Intriago, Tom Muratore, and Justin Clark. For game one Tom Muratore pitched a complete game shutout to lead the Lynx to an 11-0 victory. In the second game the Lynx came back from a 4-0 deficit to win 11-4. The two wins brings the win streak to seven games for the Lynx and improves them to 21-5 overall and 10-1 in NECC play. With the loss, Dean slips to 9-23-1 overall and 4-9 in conference.
GAME 1- INSIDE THE BOXSCORE, 11-0
- The Lynx kicked off scoring early in the bottom of the first inning with an RBI single from Ryan Pumphret to drive in Steven DePalma. Brenden Fairchild brought the score to 2-0 with an RBI single later in the inning.
- Dean had the chance to surpass the Lynx in the top of the third with bases loaded, but the Lynx infield was able to keep the bulldogs from scoring. In the bottom of the inning, Pumphret hit his sixth homer of the season with a 3-run blast scoring Justin Clark and DePalma.
- Lesley ace Tom Muratore stayed hot on the mound striking out three of four batters in the fourth, before the Lynx tacked on 3 more runs in the bottom of the frame to extend their lead to 8-0.
- The Lynx ended the sixth inning with 3 more runs from RBI doubles off the bats of Vincent Taliercio and DePalma to bring the final score to 11-0.
- Ryan Pumphret and Steven DePalma each went 3-3 at the plate with Pumphret knocking in 4 RBI's and DePalma with 3.
- Vincent Taliercio went 2-4 with 2 doubles.
- Tom Muratore pitched a complete game gem allowing 6 hits and striking out 11 batters.
GAME 2- INSIDE THE BOXSCORE, 11-4
- The Bulldogs started on a hot streak in the top of the first inning. Bulldog Ben Chajet hit an RBI single to drive in Ben Hadden and Will Kulcher to bring the score to 2-0. Later in the inning Jeff Sharnick double to right field to drive in Chajet and Dakari Cox making it 4-0 at the end of the first.
- The Lynx did not score until the bottom of the third inning. With two outs, Vincent Taliercio hit a triple to left field to drive in Ryan Pumphret and Justin Clark and minimize the deficit to 4-2. They were able to tie the score in the bottom of the fourth with back to back two out RBI's from Will Rhone and Steven DePalma.
- The Lynx were able to surpass the Bulldogs and score seven runs in the sixth inning to seal the 11-4 victory. With two outs down, Nicholas Ferragine was able to score off a wild pitch to bring the score to 5-4. Next at bat, Justin Clark hit an RBI single to drive in DePalma and Rhone. Taliercio, Jacob Cervantes, and Matthew Warner all hit RBI's to end the inning 11-4.
- Justin Clark lead the offense going 3-4 with one double and 1 RBI.
- Vincent Taliercio went 2-4 with 4 RBI's, and 1 double and 1 triple.
- Nick Iadevaio pitched six innings and allowed 10 hits, four earned runs, and struck out six batters.
- Jeff Heinz pitched one inning in relief and allowed no hits and struck out one batter
The Lynx look to sweep the Bulldogs at Dean on April 22nd.