Wenham, MA. – Lesley University baseball were stifled at Gordon College in non-conference game, the Great Scots ran away with an 11-3 win on Wednesday afternoon at J. Tec White Field. The Lynx drop to 6-16 on the campaign, while Gordon improve to 5-20 overall on the season.
- Gordon started the contest with five runs in the first inning to take a strong hold of the game. Lesley grabbed their first run of the game in the third after a Zach Rossi (Shrewsbury, MA.) single scored Michael Fiorelli (Rutland, MA.), after he reached on a double.
- Lesley would grab another run in the following inning, with Fiorelli doubling to score Matt Bavaro (Sayville, N.Y.) from third. Meanwhile, Gordon would grab a run of its own in the fourth to hold a 6-2 lead.
- Ian Spillane (Chula Vista, CA.) picked up his first RBI of the season after a single with the bases loaded in the fifth, to bring the Lynx within just three runs, 6-3.
- However, Gordon would score five unanswered runs to take the contest by a final score of 11-3.
- Lesley put 11 hits on the board with nine different student-athletes registering a hit. Ryan Pumphret (Shrewsbury, MA.) and Fiorelli led the way with two hits each.
The Lynx (6-16) return to the diamond the next day, Thursday April 11, for non-conference game with Curry College at 3:30PM.