AUBURNDALE, FL. – The Lesley Lynx baseball team lost the first game of their Florida trip in a 5-0 shutout against Muhlenberg. The Lynx fall to 0-2 this season, while the Mules improve to 6-4.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The game began as a pitcher's duel, with Matthew D'Ambrosia and Pablo Casas battling through 3 scoreless innings. Casas found himself in a jam in the bottom of the fourth, however, after a couple of fielding miscues led to John Serruto ending up on third base and Jack Avallone reaching on a walk. Sam Arnold doubled to drive them both in and break the scoreless tie.
- D'Ambrosia was practically perfect for the Mules. He racked up 21 strikeouts and allowed only three hits and a walk for the Lynx.
- Javi Martinez picked up a double for the Lynx, while Steven DePalma and Ronnie James both singled, but no other Lynx were able to solve D'Ambrosia.
- Casas performed well for Lesley, despite picking up the loss. He walked five, but otherwise only gave up one hit. Two of his three runs were earned and he struck out three Mules in his five and a third innings.
- The bullpen still remains a work in progress for the Lynx. Nate Trudnich relieved Casas in the sixth inning and lasted 1.2, but allowed three hits and two runs. William Lombardo finished out the game's final inning and only allowed a walk.
- Arnold and Brenden Weiss took care of the offense for Muhlenberg, with each driving in two runs. The Mules struggled at the plate as well, only collecting four hits on the evening, but were able to take advantage of walks and errors to support D'Ambrosia's gem and come out on top.
The Lynx play their first doubleheader tomorrow, Saturday March 8th. They begint eh day at 9 AM against Wartburg and finish at 1 PM against MSOE.