AUBURNDALE, FL. – The Lesley baseball team couldn't get anything going at the plate in a 10-0 loss to UMass-Dartmouth on Monday. The Lynx fall to 0-6 with the loss, while the Corsairs continue their winning streak to start the season at 6-0.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Corsairs got several strong performances at the plate and a great start from Shane Reardon. Reardon threw six scorless innings and allowed six hits to the Lynx.
- The Lynx threatened in the first inning with Michael Fiorelli and Steven DePalma both singling, but were unable to score. The Corsairs, meanwhile, pushed one run across on a bases-loaded groundout by DJ Perron to score JR DiSarcina.
- The Corsairs got more offensive in the third inning from the heart of their order, Nate Tellier and Mike Knell. Tellier singled to drive DiSarcina in and Knell followed with a two-run homer to push the UMD lead to 4-0.
- The Corsairs added a couple more in the sixth and Tellier and Knell got back to work in the eighth. Tellier delivered another DiSarcina-scoring single and Knell cracked a triple to score Tellier. Knell was then driven in on a double by DJ Perron to put the Corsairs up 10-0.
- DiSarcina went 4 for 5 with three runs scored on the day and Tellier was 3 for 5 with two runs scored and two driven in. Knell was 2 for 5 with a triple and a homer, three runs scored, and three driven in, while while Perron was 2 for 4 with three RBI.
- DePalma took the loss for the Lynx after allowing seven runs to a tough Corsairs middle of the order. DePalma falls to 0-1 on the season, but added three strikeouts to his season total. Reardon picked up the win for UMD, with Dean Streich and Graham Seed each throwing a scoreless inning in his wake.
The Lynx take a day off before facing Juniata on Tuesday morning at 9:30 AM.