AUBURNDALE, FL. – The Lesley Lynx baseball team was unable to keep the Juniata Eagles off the board late in an 8-4 loss on Tuesday morning. The Lynx fall to 0-6 heading into the final day of their Florida trip, while the Eagles improve to 4-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Steven DePalma had a great day at the plate, goign 2 for 4 with a triple, a solo home run, and three runs scored. DePalma has been one of Lesley's more consistent hitters to being this season. He is hitting .273 over six games, with a double, triple, homer, and one RBI.
- Pablo Casas was on the mound for the Lynx and go tinto trouble early. Juniata got three runs in the first inning on a three-run home run by Isaac Maclay. The Lynx battled back as Casas settled in.
- Ronnie James drove in Lesley's first run of the day when he reached on an error by Eagles' third baseman Michael Warren that allowed DePalma to score. Later in the same inning, Brendan Fairchild drove in Ian Spillane to bring to score to 3-2 Juniata.
- Spillane picked up the game-tying RBI in the fifth inning on a ground out that scored DePalma after his triple. The Lynx were able to get back in the game, but Casas ran into more trouble in the bottom of the sixth.
- Adam Kipp reached on an error by Michael Fiorelli in the sixth and Warren later reached on a walk. A single by Matt Innella scored Kipp and moved Warren up to third. Innella stole second with Joshua Gery at the plate and Gery delievered a two run double to highlight his 3 for 4 morning.
- The Lynx got one back in the top of the seventh on DePalma's homer, but the Eagles added two more insurance runs in the bottom of the seventh to put them up 8 to 4 and out of Lesley's reach.
- Casas took the loss to fall to 0-2 on the season, though only five of the eight runs he allowed were earned. David Albuquerque tossed an inning and a third of scoreless relief.
- Julius Thomas got the win for the Eagles in relief, with Dominic Hoyle picking up a two inning save.
The Lynx go into the final day of their Florida trip with a doubleheader against Wentworth Institute of Technology on Wednesday March 11th. Game 1 begins at 9:30 AM, with the second following at noon.