LEICESTER, MA. – The Lesley Lynx baseball team dropped both games of their doubleheader with the Becker Hawks on Saturday, losing game one by a score of 10-6 and the second 8-3. Lesley falls to 1-5 this year, while Becker improves to 2-6.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- Becker got an early start against Lynx starter Steven DePalma. Coby Hussey and Ethan Perry both scored on a walk with a couple of errors attached and Andrew Bumpus then scored on a wild pitch.
- Lesley added a run in the top of the third when Michael Fiorelli reached on an error and Giovanni Torres came across to score, but they were unable to do much early against Tevon Johnson.
- The Lynx eventually figured out Johnson in the sixth, but it was too little too late. Christian Rapoza had an RBI single and Chris Papallo drove in two with a double, but the Hawks' lead had grown too large
- DePalma took the loss for the Lynx, falling to 1-1 on the season after allowing six runs in three innings. Johnson was the winner in this one, allowing five runs in six innings.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- The Lynx got the jump this time, scoring three runs in the top of the first. DePalma drove in Torres with a base hit and then score himself, along with Ian Spillane, when CJ Fusco reached on an error.
- Becker responded with five runs over the next three innings and kept the Lynx from pushing across another run. Niko Mokanos drove in three runs for the Hawks and Bumps and Jose Martinez each picked up two hits.
- Russell Dunlap picked up his first win of the season by shutting down the Lynx lineup outside of the rocky first inning. Only one of the three runs Dunlap allowed was earned and he struck out four batters while allowing only six hits and walking four. Brett Dabrowski took the loss for the Lynx, allowing eight runs in seven innings.
The Lynx welcome Becker for a doubleheader at Xaverian Brothers High School in Westwood tomorrow, April 11th beginning at 12 PM.