NORTHBOROUGH, MA. – The Lesley Lynx baseball team could not get anything going against the Mitchell Mariners on Saturday afternoon, losing by scores of 19-0 and 23-2. The Lynx are now 2-8 on the season, while the Mariners advance to 10-5.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- It was all Mariners from the get-go in game one. They scored five runs in the top of the first inning and added two more in each of the next two innings.
- Mitchell exploded for seven more runs in the top of the fourth. A walk and two hit batters, all with the bases loaded, helped Mitchell take an insurmountable lead over the Lynx. All but one member of the Mariners' starting lineup scored at least one run in the first game.
- Eddie Kaftan was dominant on the mound for the Mariners. He allowed only one hit over five innings whil striking out seven, with Robbie Roles and Kevin Vining delivering two no-hit innings to finish out the game.
- Jakari Pellegrini and Hunter Yaworski each had three hits for Mitchell, while Steve Cochrane drove in three runs.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- It was, once again, all Mitchell in game two. Every member of the Mariners' starting lineup recorded at least one hit. They scored three runs in the top of the first and were only held without a run for one of their seven innings at the plate.
- Dougie DelaCruz was 4-for-5 with four RBI and three runs scored in this one. Anthony Laureano and Anthony Stigler each had three hits for Mitchell as well.
- The big damage in game two came over the final two innings, where Mitchell scored eight runs in the top of the sixth and seven more in the top of the seventh. The Lynx ran out of steam on the mound and struggled to get outs.
- Owen Robbins had a grand slam in the top of the seventh for Mitchell.
- Ronnie James had a bright spot for the Lynx, delivering his first home run of the season in the top of the fifth.
The Lynx travel to Mitchell for a doubleheader tomorrow, Sunday April 18th, with the first game beginning at 12 PM.