FRANKLIN, MA. – The Lesley Lynx Baseball team got their revenge on the Dean College Bulldogs on Friday afternoon, taking them down by a score of 15-6. The second win in a row for the Lynx bring them to 11-14, while the Bulldogs drop to 5-14.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- After a low-scoring affair in their recent loss to Dean, the Lynx were taking no chances early. They put up seven runs in the second inning and cruised to an eventual win. Three hit batters in the inning led to loaded bases and Lesley's first run, with Matt Ceruti getting the RBI on the bases loaded plunk.
- Ian Dempsey picked up his first of five RBI on the day by reaching on a fielder's choice that drove in Drew Gryniewicz. Dempsey was followed up by Adam Budorick with a two-run double and then an RBI single by Justin Dennett. James Brandon then drew a bases loaded walk and Ronnie James popped up on an infield fly that, after some baserunning mistakes, sent Justin Dennett home and retired the side.
- The Lynx got another run in the third, courtesy of a sacrifice fly by Dempsey, while Dean finally got a run back in the bottom of the fourth on an RBI double by Cam Watkins. The Lynx got the run right back on another bases loaded walk, this time taken by Budorick to score James.
- Lesley got another run in the seventh on another base hit by Budorick that sent Colin McCarthy home. They then scored five more runs in the top of the eighth, again kicked off by another hit batter with the bases loaded, as James took the knock to score Dennett this time. The Dean pitching staff hit five total Lesley batters and walked nine.
- Dempsey finished the scoring for the Lynx with a bases clearing triple to make it a 15-1 lead. Dean picked up five runs (on only one hit) in the bottom of the ninth, but it was not enough to complete a comeback.
- Dylan Langston earned the win for the Lynx, going five innings and allowing one run while striking out seven batters.
The Lynx host the Mitchell Mariners in NECC conference action on Saturday April 9th. First pitch of game 1 of the doubleheader is at 10 AM.