The Lesley University Men's basketball team fell to Mt. Ida College Monday evening at Nicholas Athletic Center. The game went into the half tied at 39, but combined efforts of Errald Jordine and Joey DeFillippi in a second half surge lifted the Mustangs to a 81-71 victory over the Lynx. With the win, Mt. Ida evens out at 2-2 on the young season, while Lesley sits at 3-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley took control of the game early, jumping out to a 12-point lead just five minutes into the game. The Lynx held the lead for the majority of the first half gaining as much as a 14-point advantage over the Mustangs.
- The Mustangs took their first lead of the half 34-33 with two minutes left to play. Both teams battled back and forth in the final two to end even at 39 a piece.
- Xeo Golding led all scorers in the game with 20 points on the night. He accounted for 14 points in the first half to propel the Lynx.
- 15 points in the first half came from the Mustang's bench, including taking the lead 34-33 from John Oliver at 2:40 left on the clock. Jacon Sartain regained the lead 37-36 with a made free throw.
- Mt. Ida took a 46-44 lead at 16:31 left in the second half and held the lead through most of the 2nd half. Joey DeFillippi spearheaded a 14-0 run for the Mustangs on a made 3-poniter with nines minutes to go in the game.
- Marquise Johnson led the scoring overall for the second half with 12 of his 15 points.
- The Mustang bench proved to be the difference netting 30 total points to Lesley's 10.
- Mt. Ida shot 52% with 50% from downtown, to the Lynx 42% and 30% from 3-point range.
- Joey DeFillippi- 16 pts, 3-3 3-pointers
- Errold Jordine- 14 pts, 9 rebounds
The Lynx travel to Norwich University for the Hockenbury Classic this upcoming weekend. Mt. Ida next hosts Wheelock College on November 30th.