Framingham, Mass.--The Rams outscore Lesley 38-26 in the second half to push Framingham State past Lesley, 59-53. The Rams improve to 3-6 while the Lynx fall to 4-4 on the year.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Framingham State scored the first basket of the night with a layup by sophomore Tyri Hampton (Fitchburg,Mass.) who led both sides with 20 points.
- The Rams continued to lead the contest when a Marquise Johnson (Hampton, Va.) gave the Lynx their first advantage of the game, 18-16 with eight and a half minutes remaining.
- Lesley held on to their lead going into the halftime break on top 25-23. The Lynx shot 11 of 29 from the floor while the Rams finished the first half shooting 40.9 percent.
- Framingham notched the first two points of the half with a pair of free-throws by sophomore Steve Vayda (Oxford, Mass.), who finished with 10 points on the night.
- The Rams led as large as nine 54-45, and shot 15-23 from the charity tripe to secure their victory over the Lynx.
- Junior captain Charlie Rezinkoff (Wilton, Conn.) added 16 points of his own for the Lynx and brought down five rebounds.
Marquise Johnson- 18 points
Joey Martin- 8 rebounds
Marquise Johnson- 3 steals
Tyri Hampton- 20 points
Tyri Hampton- 8 rebounds
Benjamin Roache- 3 assists
THE INSIDE SCOOP:
Lynx head coach Chris Giordano says "It was a tough game on the road for us tonight. Framingham is incredibly disciplined and they did a great job executing their game plan. We're looking forward to get back to work tomorrow at practice and get ready for Suffolk on Saturday."
Lesley travels to Suffolk University in a non-conference contest on Saturday December 9 with tip-off at 1 p.m. The Rams host Wheelock College on Saturday December 9 at 3 p.m in Framingham.