Westfield, Mass.-- The Westfield State Owls powered pasted the Lynx Wednesday evening at the Woodward Center on Wednesday night. The 104-63 loss, gives Lesley their second loss in as many games while the Owls earned their season opening victory.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Westfield led 48-23 at the half behind 64 percent (20-31) shooting from the floor, compared to Lesley's 28 percent (9-32) which proved to be the difference maker in the game.
- The Owls defense kept the pressure on the young Lynx squad creating 9 steals and forcing rushed shots to keep the Lynx off the boards.
- Joey Martin and Chase Howard combined for the 16 of the Lynx 23 points in the half.
- The Lynx came out stronger in the second half nearly doubling their points scored to 40 second half points, but the Owls continued the attack and never let Lesley get close.
- Vawn Lord recorded a double-double on the night with 12 points and 13 rebounds for Westfield, and Christopher Prophet had a team high 17 points in the win. Two other Owl's players, Marcus Collins and Moody Bey had double digit scoring performances.
- Howard had a game high 23 points, with Martin close behind with 21. The two Lynx leaders proved their dominance combining for 44 of Lesley's 63 points.
The Lynx will travel to Emerson for a 7:00 p.m. start tomorrow evening.