Northfield Vt.--The Lesley men's basketball team fell to host Norwich University 82-68 in the non-conference match up at Andrews Hall Gymnasium. The loss leaves the Lynx opening the 2018-2019 campaign 0-4, while the Cadets get back to even at 2-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Cadets opened the game on a 10-0 run within the first two minutes of game time, highlighted by back-to-back Jesse Davis three-pointers.
- Lesley answered with five unanswered points to cut the deficit in half, but Norwich responded with an 11-0 run to go up 21-5 just nine minutes into the game.
- The Lynx managed to narrow the gap off two three pointers a piece from Joey Martin and Chase Howard, and an 11 point effort from Treyvon Trent to head into the half trailing 38-27.
- The second half showed a much stronger Lynx squad and an even keeled battle on the court. Martin and Howard found the hot hands with the ball combining for 32 points in the second half, but the significant runs for the Cadets in the first half was enough for Norwich to hold on for the 82-68 victory.
- Martin continues to lead the Lynx on both ends of the court with another double-double in the loss. He led all scorers with 25 points while also leading the boards with 13 rebounds. Howard was close behind for the second highest scorer with 23 points. Trent was the final Lynx player to hit double digits sinking 11 points.
- Christopher Bryant recorded a double-double in the win for the Cadets with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Jesse Davis and Matt Allen both recorded 12 points, while Kyle Booth chipped in 11.
Lesley next hosts Albertus Magnus on Friday November 30 in their home opener.