BOSTON, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team fell to non-conference opponent Emmanuel on Friday night by a score of 91-68. The Lynx drop to 0-4 on the season, while the Saints move to 2-0.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- First half struggles sank the Lynx in this one, though they did outplay the Saints in the second half. Lesley went four for fifteen from three in the first half and Emmanuel's Jack Moulder made more threes in the half than the Lynx did. Moulder had fifteen first half points on five of six shooting, all from three, and finished with 23 on the night.
- Chase Howard's hot start to the season slowed a bit, as he only scored fourteen points on the night. Howard added eight rebounds, but also added eleven turnovers with ten in the first half.
- The Lynx got a great performance from Kostas Tatsis, who matched Howard for the team high in points with fourteen and added fourteen rebounds for his first Lynx double-double. Kyle Murphy also had an impressive night, going three for three from beyond the arc and delivering twelve points.
- Lesley tightened up their defense in the second half, outscoring Emmanuel 44-37, but the 30 points halftime lead for the Saints was too much to overcome. Emmanuel took their turn shooting poorly from beyond the arc, going only 3-14 in the second half.
- Free throws were a problem for both teams, with the Lynx shooting 53.8% and the Saints shooting 41.7% on the night. Points left on the board were a common issue. Emmanuel was only able to draw one shooting foul in the second half and missed both free throws.
The Lynx continue searching for their first win tomorrow when they take on Endicott College at 5:30 PM tomorrow, Saturday November 16th.