MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley men's basketball team lost a close, physical matchup with the Dean Bulldogs by a score of 99-92 on Saturday afternoon. The Lynx fall to 0-16 on the season and 0-5 in the NECC, while the Bulldogs advance to 5-12 overall and 2-3 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Kostas Tatsis was a big spark off the bench for the Lynx, scoring 25 points on 10-14 shooting and drawing eleven free throw attempts. Tatsis added twelve rebounds and five assists to his day.
- The game was tied at 42 at halftime, with Tatsis leading the way for the Lynx and Jordan Booker dropping 18 for the Bulldogs. Chase Howard, Lesley's leading scorer, only had two points in the first half, but his teammates rallied behind him. Kyle Murphy and Dean Grant each had six at half.
- Grant got his first career start in this one, scoring a career high nine points in a career high 21 minutes.
- Booker and Kevin Clark were the difference makes for the Bulldogs. Booker finished with 34 points, including a huge four point play to put the Bulldogs ahead by two possessions in the closing minutes, to go with six rebounds, five assists, and three steals. Clark drew eight free throw attempts in the second half and made seven of them, finishing with 23 points. D'Caran Anderson also had 18 points for Dean.
- The Lynx found themselves in a jam late with Tatsis, Howard (who finished with fourteen points), and Treyvon Trent all fouling out of the game. Dominik Herrman made a big shot off an offensive rebound to keep the Lynx alive late, but Dean was able to sink their free throws and put it away.
- Lesley's issues at the free throw line kept them from staying ahead of the Bulldogs. Howard was eight for eight at the line, but the rest of the team combined to shoot nine for twenty-two and finish with a 56.7% free throw percentage. The Bulldogs shot 82% from the line and committed only eighteen turnovers to Lesley's 31.
- The Lynx did outshoot the Bulldogs overall, and had their best shooting night of the season. They shot 58.6% from the field and 31.8% from three.
The Lynx travel to Worcester for a matchup with Becker College on Wednesday January 29th at 7 PM.