GAME OVERVIEW: The Lesley University men's soccer team hosted Wentworth Institute of Technology Saturday afternoon as both teams continued their non-conference slate.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx have continued the stretch of strength in the backside, not allowing a goal yet in the first half. The Wentworth Leopards showed glimpses of offensive threats with getting of 10 shots in the first half to Lesley's 4, and 7 of them being on net.
- With 12:20 left in first half Lynx goaltender Patrick Corcoran came charging out to beat a lone Wentworth forward to make a diving save on a loose ball and essentially stop the Leopard's breakaway opportunity.
- Corcoran had another impressive save at 39:32 with a diving kick save to deflect the ball out of bounds for a Wentworth corner. The Leopards had 4 corner kick opportunities in the first half the Lesley's non.
- In the 66th minute Wentworth's Noah Martins broke the stalemate off a blast just inside the right side of the eighteen box to give them a 1-0 advantage.
- The Lynx were only able to muster 7 shots in the match, and 3 on net, with the lone Leopard goal being the difference maker.
- Lynx goalie Cocoran had may impressive saves keeping the score to only one.
Lesley next travels to Babson College on Tuesday with kick off at 4pm.