WEYMOUTH, Mass.- Senior Connor Hudson-Bryant (Weymouth, Mass.) netted the game-winning goal to lift the Eastern Nazarene College men's soccer team to a 1-0 overtime victory over Lesley in the first round of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) Tournament Tuesday evening at Weymouth High School. The Lions, seeded No. 3 in the tournament, improve to 7-9-3 on the season with the win and advance to the NECC semifinals. The Lynx, the No. 6 seed in the conference playoffs, move to 4-9-4 overall with the result and completion of their season.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Neither side found the back of the net in the first half. Eastern Nazarene generated 10 shots in the opening frame while limiting Lesley to just one attempt.
- The Lions outshot the Lynx 13-5 in the second stanza but the match was level at 0-0 on the scoreboard.
- In the 95th minute, Matthew Cawthorne (Norwell, Mass.) drew a foul inside the box to earn a penalty shot. Hudson-Bryant scored the golden goal as he converted his second penalty shot attempt of the fall to collect his third tally.
- Eastern Nazarene concluded the contest with 26 shots while Lesley managed six attempts.
- Florian Resch (St. Stefan, Austria) recorded one save to post his fourth clean sheet of the season.
- Lynx goaltender David Crutchfield tallied 7 saves in the loss.
Looking ahead, Eastern Nazarene travels to No. 2 seed Mitchell Friday, November 2 in the NECC Tournament semifinals.