CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley Men's Soccer team were stymied by rain and the Curry Colonels on Monday night, losing 3-1. The Lynx fall to 0-11, while the Colonels advance to 5-3-3.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Curry started the scoring in the 19th minute as Ryan Brady and Richard Silva both beat the Lynx final defenders. Silva crossed it to Brady in front of the net and Brady put it in to put his team up 1-0.
- The Colonels scored again in the 21st minute, this time from the feet of Justin Santiago. Silva took a shot at Lynx goalkeeper Michael Bolduc, who successfully deflected it, but the ball landed right in front of Santiago and Bolduc could not recover his position in time to stop the second shot.
- Curry again got on the board in the 25th minute, thanks to a goal from Lucas Drons. The Colonels took 14 shots in the first half and connected on three in a five minute span. It would be all they needed to take the victory.
- The Lynx got their first and only goal of the match in the 30th minute. After a ton of chaos in the box, the ball shot straight up in the air and no Curry defenders nor goalkeeper Kyle Tremblay could secure it. The ball found Raj Anandarajan, who put it in for his first goal of the season.
- After a quieter and much wetter second half, Curry went home with the victory. Tremblay earned the win, saving four of five shots sent his way. Anandarajan led the Lynx with three shots, while Drons, Santiago, and Morgan Estrella each had three to lead the Colonels.
The Lynx are back in action at home to celebrate Senior Day against Mitchell College on Saturday October 9th at 6 PM.