MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley Men's Soccer team were shut out 2-0 by conference opponent New England College on Saturday evening. The Lynx fall to 0-14-1 overall and 0-3-1 in the conference, while the Pilgrims advance to 6-5-2 and 3-1-1 in the NECC.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Pilgrims took advantage of an early opportunity to take a 1-0 lead, courtesy of a Logan Cassin header. Cassin picked up a perfect cross from Julian Duarte to deliver the strike past Lynx goalkeeper Michael Bolduc.
- Both offenses got chances in the first half, but it was mostly tough misses on open chances. The Lynx had two chances at open nets that they could not convert, while the Pilgrims missed one opportunity to advance their lead in the first half.
- It was early in the second half when NEC was able to double to lead. Wiskens Flavil got through a couple defenders to score for the Pilgrims.
- The second half was much quieter, but the Lynx had a chance to cut into the lead when Daniel Canellys was given a penalty shot. Cannelys could not convert, as Ricardo Aguilera made a great save for the Pilgrims. The ball deflected to Daniel Monteserin, but Aguilera made a second acrobatic save while still on the ground to preserve his shutout.
- Aguilera earned the win, his first, while Bolduc suffered his eighth loss. Flavin and Cassin tied for their team's lead with four shots, while Monteserin led the Lynx with four as well.
The Lynx play their final home match of the season on Wednesday October 27th when the host Eastern Nazarene at 8 PM.