WORCESTER, MA -- Lesley University picked up its first win over 2012 with a 5-4 road victory over Becker College in New England Collegiate Conference men's tennis play.
After dropping two of three doubles points, Lesley took four of six singles tallies to improve to 1-2 on the season and 1-2 in NECC play.
In his third singles season debut after entering the day 2-0 from the No. 4 spot, senior Christian Domingo came back to pick up a critical 5-7, 6-4, 6-3 win over Branden Parkhouse. Sophomore Paolo DiPietrantonio rallied to take a 1-6, 6-2, 6-1 point over Jake Gilbert, and Mike Kaufman and Jimmy Paulsen earned wins in fifth and sixth singles, respectively.
Domingo teamed with junior Nick Mattox to pick up the Lynx lone doubles point, beating Parkhouse and Timothy Howard 8-3.
Lesley remains on the road, also in NECC play, traveling to Mitchell College on Thursday at 3:30 p.m.
Lesley University vs Becker College
Apr 03, 2012 at Worcester, MA
Lesley University 5, Becker College 4
1. Timothy Howard (BCMT) def. Nick Mattox (LUM) 7-6, 7-1, 7-6, 7-2
2. Paolo DiPietrantonio (LUM) def. Jake Gilbert (BCMT) 1-6, 6-2, 6-1
3. Christian Domingo (LUM) def. Branden Parkhouse (BCMT) 5-7, 6-4, 6-3
4. Brian Piquette (BCMT) def. Thomas Tedesco (LUM) 6-2, 6-4
5. Mike Kaufman (LUM) def. David Graham (BCMT) 6-3, 6-4
6. Jimmy Paulsen (LUM) def. Jason Alera (BCMT) 6-1, 0-6, 6-4
1. Nick Mattox/Christian Domingo (LUM) def. Timothy Howard/Branden Parkhouse (BCMT) 8-3
2. Jake Gilbert/Brian Piquette (BCMT) def. Paolo DiPietrantonio/Thomas Tedesco (LUM) 8-5
3. David Graham/Jason Alera (BCMT) def. Jimmy Paulsen/Mike Kaufman (LUM) 8-6
Lesley University 1-2 (1-2 NECC)
Becker College 0-4 (0-1NECC)