Boston, MA: The Lesley's men's tennis team began their season at UMass Boston on Saturday, March 24. The Lynx fell to the Beacons in all nine matches on their first day on the courts and start the young season 0-1. With the win, the Beacons improve to 2-3 on the year.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Senior Niko Marcolini partnered with Connecticut native William Sgro in a doubles match in which they were defeated 8-1.
- Sophomores Gerry Chica and Beowulf Urban from partnered in a doubles contest but they were also defeated 8-1.
- Peter Weiss and Evan McDermod were the third doubles pair for Lesley, but just like the other two doubles matches, the Lesley combination were beaten 8-1.
- In the first singles match, Niko Marcolini fell to Josh Bhasin to straight sets.
- Lesley's Beowulf Urban faced Sanshrut Sharma in the second singles match. Sharma proved too good winning 6-1, 6-0.
- Gerry Chica was pitted against Tin Tran in the third singles contest of the afternoon with Tran coming out on top 6-1, 6-2.
- Sophomore Evan Flaherty was up against Joery Cyriaque in the fourth match of the day. Cyriaque won in straight sets, 6-0, 6-2.
- In the fifth match, William Sgro won the first set 6-1 but his UMass Boston opponent Adam Acker recovered to win the remaining two sets 6-2, 10-5.
- In the sixth and final match, Lesley's Patrick Corcoran was up against Sal Albano. Albano emerged victorious in straight sets, 6-4, 6-1.
Lesley next travels to play Salem State College on Thursday, March 29.