William Sgro and Peter Weiss claimed victories for the Lynx side, but the UMass Dartmouth earned the first for the 7-2 victory. With the loss, Lesley slips to 0-3 on the young season while the Corsairs improve to 4-5.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Corsairs claimed all three doubles matches 8-6, 8-2, and 8-2 to start off the night. William Sgro and Niko Marcolini paired up for the most competitive set against Patrick Pacheco and Eli Brooks, but it was the UMD duo who battled it out on top 8-6.
- UMass Dartmouth added to their win column with three straight singles victories from Tristin Viale, Anthony Joseph, and Eli Brooks.
- Sgro earned the first Lynx victory of the night in two straight sets, 6-2 and 6-3 against John Fratus.
- Pat O'Neil earned the next match for the Corsairs 6-4 and 6-1 over the Lynx Patrick Corcoran.
- Peter Weiss won the final match in two sets with both scores of 7-6, but it wasn't enough to claim the team victory giving UMass Dartmouth the 7-2 win.
Lesley next hosts Becker College on Saturday April 7 at 5:00pm.