Cambridge, MA: Lesley lost their final event of the season 6-3 against Wheelock College on Sunday, April 22. The Lynx won two of the singles matches and one of the three doubles clashes. Lesley finishes their 2018 campaign with a 3-7 record while Wheelock finish their season with a 3-3 record.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- In the opening singles match, Lesley's Beowulf Urban lost out to Arvin Hedayaty 6-3, 6-3.
- Connecticut native Gerry Chica was defeated in his singles match against Wheelock's Jordan Bernard, 6-3, 6-0.
- Lesley's William Sgro was beaten in straight sets by the Wildcats Mohamed Mohamed; 6-3, 6-4.
- The Lynx's Evan Flaherty lost the first set of his duel against Amos Jackson after a tie-break, 7-6 (7-2) before going down to Jackson 6-2 in the second and final set.
- Lesley's Patrick Corcoran conceded just one game in his two-set success over Sarah Tobin.
- Evan Zona won his singles match versus Jack Krieger after the maximum three sets; 6-0, 3-6, 7-6 (7-5).
- In the doubles competition, Lesley's William Sgro and Beowulf Urban lost out to Jordan Bernard and Mohamed Mohamed 8-2.
- The Lynx's Gerry Chica and Colin Holter found the going tough against Arvin Hedayaty and Amos Jackson, losing 8-1 in the end.
- Lesley claimed the third and final doubles match as Peter Weiss and Evan McDermod defeated Jack Krieger and Dyani Robles 8-1.