Posted: May 01, 2022
DELHI, NY. - Lesley's Men's and Women's Track & Field athletes participated in the 2022 North Atlantic Conference Track & Field Championships, hosted by SUNY Delhi, on Sunday.
INSIDE THE MEET:
- Freshman high jumper Norah Ciano led the way for the Lynx, taking first place in the women's high jump championship event. Ciano topped out at 1.47 meters and was the only competitor to make it over that height. Shie Smith and Julia Ahern from Husson came in second and third and both failed all three attempts, while Ciano cleared it on her first jump.
- Kaitlyn Andrews had a great performance for the Lynx in the 100 meter dash. She finished sixth in the prelims at 13.98 seconds and qualified for the final, in which she also finished sixth but improved on her time with a 13.94 second run. Andrews also ran the 200 meter race, grabbing a point with a 28.59 eighth place finish.
- Olivia Binette finished second in the 3000 meter steeplechase, securing eight points for her team. She finished in 13:48.99, only behind SUNY Delhi's Kristina Messler who outpaced the entire group by over 16.5 seconds. Binette also competed in the 1500 meter run, along with Hannah Nangle. Nangle finished third with a 5:32.57 time, while Binette came fifth in 5:45.22.
- Michelle Hutter ran the 400 for the Lynx, finishing eighth with a 1:15.65 time. The Lynx also had Haile Carrillo-Hayes in the 400 Hurdles race. She finished the hurdles in 1:25.30.
- The Lynx women put on an excellent showing to finish fourth out of seven teams with 39 points. Husson took the top spot, followed by host SUNY Delhi and Thomas College.
- On the men's side, Christopher Hallie finished ninth in the 100 meter prelims. Hallie just barely missed qualifying for the final by 0.11 seconds. Hallie also ran in the 200 meter race, finishing in 25.05 seconds. He came ninth in the long jump as well, making it 5.77 meters, again just barely missing scoring a point by 0.05 meters.