Medford, MA. - Lesley University men's volleyball were beaten in both matches of its doubleheader on Saturday afternoon, at Medford High School. Eastern Nazarene College claimed the first match with sets of 25-9, 25-10 and 25-15. Elms College would build on an impressive season in the following game in which they won 25-3, 25-9, 25-8. Eastern Nazarene College move to 8-10 overall and 3-3 in New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) action. Elms move to 19-4 overall and 6-1 in NECC play. Meanwhile, the Lynx fall to 0-5, 0-5 in conference, overall.
GAME 1-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Alexander Genova (Groton, CT.) lead the way on the attack with four kills, while also adding six digs.
- John Gersbeck (Westerly, R.I.) racked up five assists for the Lynx.
- The Lynx were led defensively by Andrew Medeiros (Bristol, R.I.) with 10 digs, tie for season high. Steven Newman (Natick, MA.) and Patrick Corcoran (West Hartford, CT.) added six digs to the Lynx effort.
GAME 2-LESLEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Lynx were led by Genova as he registered season highs in kills (seven) and digs (eight).
- Gersbeck set season high eight assists during the match.
- Medeiros helped defensively with seven digs.
Lesley (0-5, 0-5) return to action next Saturday, March 16, for a Tri-match against with Nichols College, 12:00PM, and Northern Vermont–Johnson, 4:00PM.