NEW LONDON, NH. – The Lesley men's volleyball team was swept in both matches of a doubleheader against Colby-Sawyer College on Friday night. The double losses puts the Lynx at 0-6 overall on the season, while the Chargers advance to 8-4 overall.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx bounced back well after a difficult loss to Endicott last week. Depite losing both matches of the doubleheader, Lesley held strong and hung in each set before the Chargers put them away.
- The first set saw the Lynx fall 25-12, 25-17, and 25-13 in three sets. Orlando Plagata was the leader for the Chargers with 14 kills, while Nate Trevino had seven and Eric Miller had six. AJ Gnieski had 32 assist in match one, as well as five service aces, and Giovani Dos Reis had eight aces.
- AJ Genova led the Lynx in kills in the first match with 13 and Jake den Bleyker delivered three. Armando Bahena led with twelve assists, while Daniel Monteserin served two aces and den Bleyker, Bahena, Genova, and Sean Pugatch each had one.
- The second match similarly saw the Lynx go down 25-17, 25-15, and 25-14. The Chargers shared the wealth this time around; Dos Reis had eight kills, while Trevino and Plagata both had seven. Gnieski again led with 33 assists.
- Genova and den Bleyker led Lesley again in the second match. Genova registered 15 kills and den Bleyker had five, while Bahena had fifteen assists.
The Lynx host a doubleheader against King's College on Tuesday March 3rd, with the matches taking place at 6 & 8 PM.