MEDFORD, MA. – The Lesley men's volleyball team lost both matches of their doubleheader against Emmanuel College on Thursday night. The two losses send the Lynx to 0-10 overall on the season, while the Saints move to 8-9.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Sains jumped ahead quickly in the first set before taking it 25-13. After a short run put together by AJ Genova, the Saints stopped the Lynx from scoring more than a point at a time to end the set.
- The Lynx fought in the next two sets, but were unable to string together any point runs to stop the Saints from taking the next two sets 25-16 and 25-10 and the match 3-0.
- Gary Randall had ten kills to lead the Saints, with Roman Fabrizio gathering 27 assists and Seamus McDonagh adding ten. Genova led the Lynx with seven kills, while Jake den Bleyker had four and Armando Bahena collected ten assists.
- Lesley started slow in the second match, losing the first set 25-9. They could not put together back-to-back points for the entirety of the set. The Saints put down the Lynx by taking the next two sets 25-13 and 25-15 for a second 3-0 sweep.
- McDonagh was the leader for the Saints in kills this time around with nine, while Josh McDonald racked up seven and Mike Kokoros had six. Fabrizio led in assists again with 24. den Bleyker led the Lynx the second time around with four kills.
The Lynx hit the road on Saturday March 7th for a single match against Elms College at 5 PM.