NORTHAMPTON, MA - The Lesley Men and Women's Cross Country teams participated in the Smith College Invitational on Saturday morning to begin their 2021 season.
INSIDE THE MEET:
- Smith led the way in the women's 5K, with seven of the top ten runners coming from the host school. They finished top of the pack with 22 points, while Lesley slotted into seventh place.
- Freshman Olivia Binette was the top runner for the Lynx women's team, finishing the 5K with a time of 23:24.4 for 30th place overall out of 71 runners.
- Paulina Sandoval-Alvarez was the next finisher for Lesley, coming in at 24:37.9. Hannah Nangle was five seconds behind her at 24:42.1, while Katherine Graham finished at 29:07.2 and Erin Lewis came in at 30:25.8.
- On the men's side, Franklin Pierce University took the top spot after ten of their runners finished in the top twelve to finish with 19 points. Lesley came in ninth place in the men's race.
- Zachary Spatz finished first for the Lynx men with a time of 21:47.6. He came in 40th overall out of 73.
- Jake Nemergut finished second for the Lynx at 22:26.9, while Matt Ceruti finished next at 33:39.7. Justin Dennett finished with the exact same time as Ceruti and Ed Eble-Lacouture finished at 34:17.8.
The Lynx are back on the course next Saturday September 18th at the UMass-Dartmouth Invitational.