Framingham, MA: Lesley found Framingham State University too strong in their non-conference double-header on Tuesday, April 10. The Rams clinched the opening game of five innings 10-2, and the second game 8-0 in six. Lesley is now 10-8 overall in 2018 with 4-0 record in NECC conference play. Framingham is now 11-11 in this campaign and 3-1 in their respective conference.
GAME 1-INSIDE THE BOX SCORE:
- Framingham took the lead in the bottom of the first inning when right fielder Dayna Marchant scored on a wild pitch.
- Lynx first baseman Jordan Raab tied the game for Lesley in the top of the second inning when scoring off an RBI single from Abby Henderson. With the bases loaded, senior Courtney Goggin pushed one more run across to give Lesley the 2-1 lead.
- The Rams recovered at the bottom of the second and scored three runs from Lauren Salisbury, Mycala Moody and Dayna Marchant to take a 4-2 lead.
- Framingham's Anna Dziok hit a grandslam in the fourth to extend the Ram lead to 6 runs. Salisbury added the final run of the opening game at the bottom of the fifth following Camille Desrochers single to short stop.
- Abby Henderson led the offense going 2-2 with an RBI.
- Jordan Day took the loss tossing 4 innings and striking out 3.
GAME 2- INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Rams got on the board in the bottom of the third when Dayna Marchant doubled to left center and scored Kristen Dick.
- Lesley threatened in the fourth with two runners on and two outs, but a backhanded stab up the middle from the Ram's second basemen got the final out and kept the Lynx from scoring.
- The Rams duo of Camille Desrochers and Marchant scored runs at the bottom of the fifth inning to extend the home team's advantage to three runs. Framingham added five more runs at the bottom of the sixth to end the game early and seal the sweep.
Lesley continues their road trip schedule with a double header at UMass-Boston on Thursday, April 12. The games are set to start at 3pm and 5pm.