CHICOPEE, MA. – The Lesley Lynx softball team swept their opening doubleheader with wins against the Elms Blazers by scores of 9-3 and 19-0. Junior pitcher Kara Haga tossed her first career no hitter in game two, while senior Riley Pickett picked up her 100th career hit, a 2-run homer in game one. The Lynx start the season off at 2-0 while the Blazers begin at 0-2.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- The Lynx got out in front with four quick runs in the top of the first. Mahlia Medina led off the game being hit by a pitch and scored on a Victoria Lujan walk. Lujan later scored on a passed ball. Lesley added two more runs on a sacrifice fly by Antonia Kieran and an RBI double by Kristen DiCicco.
- Elms picked up two runs in the bottom of the second Josie Cammarata and Alli Alleano. The Lynx matched them with two of their own in the top of the third. Ilana Zack drove in one with a sac-fly and Kieran doubled to drive in the second run of the day.
- In the top of the sixth, Riley Pickett picked up her hundredth career hit in style with a two-run home run. Pickett finished the day 2-for-4 with two runs batted in and two runs scored. The homer was the thirteenth of her career.
- Jordan Day had an excellent day at the plate for the Lynx, going 3-for-4, scoring three runs, and driving in one.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- It was all Lynx in game 2 as they scored nineteen runs and ended the game after five innings. It was broken open in the third inning when the Lynx scored ten runs off of Elms pitcher Meg Rich.
- Every Lynx batter reached base at least once in this game. Sam Jensen was a perfect 4-for-4 with three runs batted in and three scored, while Medina and Zack each picked up three hits and three RBI.
- Lujan was a big factor on the basepaths, drawing three walks and scoring three runs. Medina, Day, Sam Jensen, and Lindsey Jensen each had a stolen base in the game as well.
- Kara Haga shut down the Blazers' lineup, only allowing two walks and throwing her first no-hitter.
The Lynx and Blazers play another rescheduled doubleheader on Wednesday April 14th at 4 and 6 PM at St. Mary's Field in Revere.