REVERE, MA – The Lesley Lynx softball team are on seven game win streak now with two shut out wins over the Mitchell Mariners on Monday night, 8-0 in five innings and 7-0. Lesley advances to 10-2 on the season, while the Mariners fall to 3-14.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- Kara Haga was dominant on the mound in game one for the Lynx. Throwing only 48 pitches, Haga faced the minimum. She allowed one hit to Hannah Lemke, who was then erased on a double play.
- Riley Pickett was a perfect 3-for-3 in this one, driving in three runs and scoring two. She crushed a solo homer in the bottom of the first inning to put the Lynx ahead and they never looked back.
- Mahlia Medina also had two hits for the Lynx in game one and scored two runs. She was driven in twice by Jordan Day. Antonia Kieran had two RBI, scoring Day and Pickett on a single to put the Lynx up by enough to end the game in the fifth inning.
- Haga now sits at 4-1 on the season after picking up the win. The loss went to Katelyn Lipsky, who allowed eight runs in four innings.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- The Lynx bats were quiet to begin game two, but the Mariners' bats were quieter. Mitchell only collected two hits over the second game and were shut out once again.
- Lesley got on the board first when Ilana Zack came in to score as Tara Eldredge reached on an error by Mitchell's shortstop. The Lynx would not score again until the fourth inning when they blew the game open.
- Eldredge scored on a wild pitch in the fourth inning and the Jensen sisters then produced a run, with Lindsey driving Sam in on a sacrifice fly.
- The Lynx delivered a dagger in the bottom of the fifth inning when Day and Pickett each homered on the first pitch of their at-bats to lead off the inning. Zack went 3-for-4 in game 2 and Sam Jensen added a triple to her day.
- Day was excellent on the mound for the Lynx to pick up her fifth win. She struck out twelve Mariners over seven innings.
The Lynx host New England College for a doubleheader on Friday April 23rd, with first pitch at 4 PM.