WALTHAM, MA. – The Lesley Lynx Softball team lost their third and fourth straight game on Wednesday afternoon, losing 9-1 and 7-2 to the Brandeis Judges. The Lynx drop to 0-4 to open their season, while the Judges move up to 10-8.
INSIDE GAME 1:
- Lesley got on the board first, but it would end up being their only run of the first game. Mahlia Medina led off the game with a double and then advanced to third on a groundout by Megan Murphy. Medina would come into score by beating the throw home on a ground ball to second by Jordan Day.
- The Judges grabbed the lead on one swing of the bat in the bottom of the first. Haley Nash smashed a three-run homer to begin a great day and put her team up 3-1. Brandeis would get two more runs in the second inning, thanks to RBI singles by Marley Felder and Melissa Rothenberg.
- Brandeis scored again in the third inning on a single by Nash for her fourth RBI of the game and added two more in the fourth to hit the mercy rule threshold. Rothenberg drove in Felder with a double and then scored on a two-run homer by Alex Cohen.
- Cohen earned her fifth win of the season for Brandeis, striking out five over five innings and also went 2-for-3 at the plate with the homer. Nash finished the first game 3-for-3 with four runs batted in and a run scored. Day took the loss for the Lynx after allowing nine runs, only five of them earned, over four innings.
INSIDE GAME 2:
- Brandeis again got out ahead early, putting the game out of reach for the Lynx quickly. They scored six runs over innings two to four and the Lynx could not get their bats going until the final two innings. Felder and Rothenberg were the run creators once again to start the Judges scoring, with Felder singling to drive in a run and advancing to third on an error, then coming across to score on a double by Rothenberg, who would later score on a passed ball.
- Amidori Anderson added a fourth run for the Judges with a solo home run to lead off the bottom of the third inning. Brandeis added three more runs in the next inning on RBI hits by Cohen, Nash, and Jolie Fujita.
- The Lynx got their first run in the sixth inning, courtesy of Sam Jensen being hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to score Murphy. The Lynx were unable to get any more runs across with the bases loaded and faced the same situation in the top of the seventh. Ilana Zack picked up her first RBI of the season with a base hit to score Medina, but Lesley was again shut down as the Judges escaped the inning.
- Chandra Penton picked up her second win of the season, while Samantha Mecklenburg took her second loss for the Lynx.
The Lynx head to Rivier for a doubleheader on Thursday March 31st with the first game beginning at 5 PM.