GAME OVERVIEW: The Lesley University Women's Basketball suffered their second loss of the early season at the hands of the Terriers of Thomas College on Saturday night. The Lynx fall to 0-2 while the Terriers improve to 1-1 on the season. The Terriers capitalized on several offensive turnovers by the Lynx to gain a commanding 46-20 lead in the first half. The Lynx bounced back in the second half to cut into the early deficit, but the Terriers continued to add to their lead and benefited from 26 points from their bench to close out the game 83-50.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Thomas College scored 32 points off of turnovers in the game which led to the large margin of victory.
- The Terriers dominated in the paint scoring 42 of their 80 points which is also displayed by their impressive field goal percentage of 46.4%.
- Thomas College saw a surge from their bench totaling 41 points throughout the game.
- The Lynx closed out the game with a promising fourth quarter performance, out-scoring the Terriers 19-14 in the frame.
- Karyn McEvoy finished strong for the Lynx as she netted all 11 of her points in the final two quarters.
- Cassidy Wygonik led the Lynx in points (14) rebounds (4) and blocks (2).
"We just didn't have it tonight, there was no excuses for our effort. Hats off to Thomas who attacked us in the paint really effectively and made us play off balance. We will quickly regroup and make adjustments for our game tomorrow," said Head Coach Jake Mattleman.
Cassidy Wygonik - 14PTS, 4 REB, 2 BLK
Karyn McEvoy – 11 PTS, 3 REB, 1 STL
Theresa Pereira- 8 PTS, 3 REB, 1 AST
Amira Jones – 14 PTS, 4 REB, 1 AST
Malorie Weaver – 14 PTS, 2 REB, 1 AST
Molly Carrol – 10 PTS, 2 REB, 2 STL, 2 AST
The Lynx will bounce back on Sunday, November 19th against UMAINE Farmington at 1:00pm as part of the Thomas Tip-Off Classic. The Terriers return to action on Sunday, November 19 for their second game of the Thomas Tip-Off Classic against Fisher (Mass.) at 3:00 p.m.