Norton, Mass.— The Lesley Women's basketball team dropped its final game of the Wheaton Invitational on Saturday afternoon against Rhode Island College, 84-43. The Lynx remain winless at 0-4, while the Anchormen remain unbeaten at 4-0.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- RIC had control of the action early and took its first double-digit advantage of the contest when a jumper from Gauvin made the score 11-1 with 4:54 left in the first quarter.
- The Anchormen held the took a 19-10 lead going into the second quarter then dominated the Lynx by a 24-10 margin to take the 53-20 lead heading into halftime.
- Lesley opened the second half with Karyn McEvoy, Dakota Jones, and Theresa Pereira combining to outscore RIC 12-8 in the first ten minutes, but the Anchormen came back and extended their lead to as much as 37 points.
- At the end three quarters RIC was up by thirty and cruised to the 86-43 victory.
- Jones continues to be the leader for Lesley on both ends of the court, recording another double-double with a game high 19 points and rebounds. Pereira was the only other Lynx player to net double digit points chipping in 11.
- Ornela Livramento led the Anchormen with 13 points and 4 steals.Jamayra Castro was close behind with 11 points and added seven rebounds while freshman guard Taylor Thompson had 10 points and five boards in the victory.
- The Anchormen shot 44.7 percent from the field compared to the Lynx 26.5 percent, and forced the Lynx to 30 turnovers while only surrendering 9.
Lesley opens up NECC conference play Tuesday evening, November 20th at Becker College.