Paxton, Mass.-- Lesley University women's basketball team fell to host Anna Maria College, 85-70 in a non-conference game Saturday afternoon at the Fuller Center. The win gives the Amcats their second on the season and improve to 2-9 overall, while the Lynx remain winless at 0-9.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The non-conference action opened with a back and forth evenly contested game. Lesley Sarah Tobin hit a jumper at 6:21 to tie the game 7-7.
- The Amcats later went on a 12-3 run to bring the opening quarter to an end at 25-16 in favor of the home team.
- A take to the hoop for the layup and foul from Anna Maria's Joanna Burke extended the Amcat's lead 33-18. They later went up as big as a 21 point spread to end the first half 49-30.
- The Lynx came out of the break strong on the back of senior Abby Henderson netting 10 points in the third.
- Despite Lesley outscoring the Amcats in the second half, it wasn't enough to make up for the 19 point differential at half time, and Anna Maria solidified the 85-70 non-conference win.
- Henderson had a career high 26 points in the loss for Lesley, shooting 3-4 from long range and a perfect 9-9 from the free throw line.
- Dakota Jones continues to dominate both sides of the ball with her ninth straight double-double, tallying 21 points and 16 rebounds.
- The Amcats had five players with double digit scoring nights, led by Sierra Johnson with 18 points, and Burke with 16 points.
- The Anna Maria bench proved their depth adding 22 points to the total compared to the Lynx 2.
The Lynx are off until after the Holiday break and return to action on January 5th when the host Elms College.