Medford, MA.— Junior Forward Dakota Jones scored her 1,000th career point with Lesley University Women's Basketball in a loss to Eastern Nazarene College, 86-47, at Medford High School, Saturday afternoon. The loss sits Lesley at 1-21, 1-15 in conference, overall. Eastern Nazarene College improve their record to 15-7, 10-5 in NECC play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lions were quick of the start as Kyra Fleharty hit from deep. The Lions would maintain their lead through the quarter with the Lynx keeping it close throughout, 18-14 Lions after one.
- Eastern Nazarene quickly added seven points without reply at the start of the second quarter to expand their lead to double digits. Lelsey responded quickly with a five point streak of their own, but were stopped there as the Lions responded.
- A late layup and free throw from Jones brought the lead to just eight points with 1:43 left to play in the half. The free throw was career point 1,000 for Jones, however the Lynx trailed at the break 43-30.
- Eastern Nazarene continued their prolific scoring opening up a 12-0 run over the first five minutes of the 3rd quarter, taking a commanding 55-30 lead. Lesley would chip away at the lead down the stretch but could overcome the Lions lead, 62-42.
- The Lions capped off their the outstanding offense performance by outscoring the Lynx 24-5 in the fourth quarter. The Lions claimed a conference victory over Lesley, 86-47.
- Theresa Pereira and Jones led the way for the Lynx with 20 points and 18 points respectively, Jones also spearheaded the Lynx on the glass with 10 rebounds.
- Every student-athlete scored for the Lions in a collaborative effort. Fleharty was the highest scorer with 23 points on the night, 20 of those points came in the first half alone.
Lesley (1-21, 1-15) will next play on the road at Bay Path University Tuesday, February 12th, at 5:30PM. Eastern Nazarene College (15-7, 10-5) are back next against Mitchell College Thursday, February 12th, with a tip off at 7:00PM.