Holyoke, MA.— Lesley University Women's Basketball program closed the season with a tremendous victory over Bay Path University, 80-40, at Bartley Center on Sunday afternoon. The Lynx finish the season with a record of 2-22 and 2-16 in conference. Bay Path close the season sporting a record of 1-22 and 1-17 in NECC play.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley started fast with Theresa Pereira hitting the first three point shot of the game, the Lynx would never trail from that moment. After a layup from Bay Path's Jo Nazario, Lesley started a 10-2 run to build a comfortable lead, 16-6. The first quarter would conclude with score reading 20-10, Lynx.
- The second quarter was much of the same as the Lesley offensive was in a grove. Dakota Jones alone accounted for 16 points in the 2nd frame shooting a perfect 7-7 from the field. Lesley would hold the halftime advantage 45-24 over Bay Path.
- Both teams picked up their defense in the third quarter as open chances were hard to find. However, Lesley were able to build upon their first half lead going into the fourth quarter ahead, 61-32.
- Lesley would close the game with a lead that stretched to as many as 41 points late in the fourth quarter. Lesley would cap the season with a win, 80-40 over Bay Path.
- Lesley dominated the paint outscoring the Wildcats 50 to 24 down low. The Lynx also made the most of turnovers, scoring 31 points from Bay Path mistakes.
- Jones was the high scorer with 25 points along with a game high 22 rebounds. Karyn McEvoy and Kacey Johnson each had 15 points on the afternoon, both season highs, while Michelle Ginouves finished with 12 points for a personal best.
- Bay Path were led by the duo of Nazario and Emmeline Bronson, with 18 points and 16 points respectively.
Lesley (2-22, 2-16) and Bay Path (1-22, 0-17) look forward to next season as both teams missed out on playoff qualification.