PAXTON, MA. -- The Lesley Women's Basketball team lost their second game of the season 61-50 against Anna Maria College on Tuesday night. The Lynx fall to 0-2 on the season , while the Amcats first win brings them to 1-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started with a strong first quarter, leading 13-8 at the end of it. Sydnie Drezek and Alexandra Kerley each had four points to pace the team, with Jordan Blair grabbing four rebounds.
- The second quarter was the killer for the Lynx, getting them down far enough that their more even play in the second half could not bring them back enough. Mariah Carey and Marinique Reddin came alive for Anna Maria, with Reddin scoring seven points and Carey scoring five. The Lesley starters were only able to score two points in the second quarter, with Hillary Berry adding four off the bench. Anna Maria took a 25-19 lead into halftime.
- Drezek helped the Lynx bounce back with seven third quarter points, but Anna Maria held strong. The fourth quarter saw Lesley pull the closest they could, with Drezek and Kerley each scoring six points, but they could not overcome their low-scoring second quarter.
- Turnovers was Anna Maria's biggest advantage over Lesley. The Lynx committed 34 turnovers and Anna Maria was able to score 28 points off of those miscues. The Amcats had 24 turnovers of their own, but the Lynx were unable to convert enough of them, only scoring nine points.
- Kerley finished with a double-double of 10 points and a team-leading 12 rebounds, with Drezek leading both teams in scoring with 19 points. Reddin and Franchesca Hammond each had 14 to lead the Amcats.
The Lynx participate in the USJ Tip-Off Tournament hosted by St. Joseph (CT), with their first game being played at 6 PM on Friday November 12th.