LEICESTER, Mass. – The Lesley Women's Soccer team earned a victory in their regular season finale to remain undefeated in NECC conference play. The Lynx shut out the Becker Hawks, 2-0 to earn their ninth conference win and improve to 13-4-0 over all, while Becker slipped to 9-7-3 overall and 4-4-4 in conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley's first goal came in the ninth minute when Xaelel Allen-Caballero scored from the left side following a Becker defender deflection for the 1-0 gain.
- Late in the half, the Lynx put up another tally on a Samantha Bessey goal, as she chipped the ball up and over Becker's goaltender, Lyndsey Cobb-Wilkins to give the Lynx a 2-0 lead at the intermission.
- Lesley upped the score to 3-0 mid-way through the second frame when McKenna Straube found the back of the net off a Sam Ring corner kick.
- The Lynx racked up 21 shots in the second frame, while outshooting the Hawks 35-2 throughout the game
- Lesley accumulated eight corner kicks, while Becker had zero corner kick opportunities.
Lesley earned the number one seen in the upcoming NECC post season tournament and will host the 8th seed on Saturday evening in the first round.