WESTON, Mass. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team proved dominant in a 6-1 win over Regis College Saturday afternoon in a non-conference match at Regis Stadium. The Lynx improve to 3-0 while the Pride slip to 1-2.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Freshman Calli Masters (West Linn, OR.) netted two goals and sophomore Kerrie Larson (Bristol, RI) added two assists to lead the Lynx.
- Regis struck first in the 20th minute off a Valerie Gordon (Hudson, NH) blast.
- Masters evened the score at one apiece at 35:40 to send the teams to halftime, and then struck again just seven minutes into the second half to give Lesley the 2-1 advantange.
- Just one-and-a-half minutes later, Lesley struck again, as Larson sent a corner kick into the box and Claire Hounslow (Westborough, Mass.) redirected the ball into the net.
- Larson was successful on another corner kick set play in the 70th minute, finding Maddy Deitrick (Burnet, TX) for a header into the left side of the net. Less than a minute later, Chloe Kouyoumdjian (La Canada, Calif.) scored, and Tayla Mayberry (Kingston, Mass.) earned the final goal of the contest for Lesley in the 82nd minute.
- Remington Hasley (San Diego, Calif.) picked up the victory for the Lynx, earning one save in the second half. Lesley outshot Regis, 15-5, with Masters leading everyone with four total shots.
Lesley continues its non-conference road slate on Wednesday September 11 when they travel to Simmons College for a 7pm kickoff.